How to look younger every single day
Vitamin C Serum: How to look younger every single day.
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients the human body needs and is also naturally produced in the human body. It is basically Ascorbic acid also known as L-Ascorbic acid. The other purposes of Vitamin C include fighting colds, producing proteins and repairing tissues under the skin.
It is water-soluble which means that it is digested easily by the human body. It can be easily found in substances like spinaches, citrus fruits, kiwis, green/yellow peppers etc.
Vitamin C, an antioxidant, helps us brighter out skin tones, even out skin textures, smooth out wrinkles. It also produces collagen and elastin which belong to the dermis layer of the skin. This makes the skin smoother, brighter as well as bouncier. Many dermatologists accept the fact that it helps the skin get its radiant glow and has a soft texture. Vitamin C serums are used because high concentrations of Vitamin C sinks into the skin quickly.
Enough of boring stuff, right? Let’s head into the interesting part now.
Advantages of the serum:
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant fights with the free radicals and protect us from the harmful rays of the sun (UV Rays), reduces the premature death of skin cells, also reduces the release of cytokines (inflammatory compounds). The antioxidant that is produced with vitamin C, which is also naturally produced by the body, take an electron from the free radical (oxidised cell) in the skin, which is produced while the skin undergoes stress from the UV rays from the Sun. If these free radicals aren’t stopped, they have a great chance of causing damage to the underlying DNA causing mutation.
- It is well known for its anti-pigmentation affects. It reacts with the active site of the enzyme known as Tyrosinase which is responsible for pigmentation and stops the enzyme from causing any pigmentation.
- Vitamin C serums can help reduce premature aging by protecting the skin from the untimely skin wrinkles that sun exposure can cause.
- It is a collagen booster which basically helps the skin to regain its glowing nature and keeps it young and helps it have the soft bouncy nature. As we grow old the production of collagen reduces and by applying Vitamin C, the skin becomes tighter and brighter.
- Vitamin C will lighten any discoloration from sunspots, age spots, or acne scars with consistent use.
- Vitamin C is an anti-inflammatory and reduces acne as well as redness on the skin.
- It also removes the dark circles under the eyes and helps regain its plump nature, making the face look fresher as well as younger.
How to use the serum:
You’ll want to use your Vitamin C serum after you cleanse and tone, but before you use moisturizer. Take a few drops in the palm of your hand and massage gently into the skin of your face and neck with your fingertips. This can be done once or twice a day. Make sure that you store the serum away from sunlight in a cool, dark place and in opaque, airtight bottles because Vitamin C is a highly degradable product which when reacts with air or light loses its efficacy. Vitamin C will lighten any discoloration from sunspots, age spots, or acne scars with consistent use. Also make sure that you check the serum bottle for decolouration as it darkens when it gets oxidised. Even though it is still safe to use, it won’t have the same effects.
Morning or Bedtime:
You are recommended to use the serum in the morning and in the night too. Using it in the morning makes sure that you will be protected by the harmful UV rays. But if you are allergic to the serum or feel irritated by its presence while applying, you would want to use the serum only in the night before hitting bed. One of the main reasons to use it in the night is the fact that the body rejuvenates, and the cells have the required push start for recovering from the harsh conditions they have faced throughout the day.
Before using the serum:
Make you must make sure that it doesn’t cause any irritating or allergic effects on the skin. To make sure you don’t have any effects, apply a small amount on your skin where it is not easily visible and wait for 24 hours. If there aren’t many side effects, you can keep using the serum, else discontinue the use of the serum.
Potential side effects:
Vitamin C is generally a safe product to use but the manufacturers use many ingredients while preparing such serums and these “extra ingredients” may trigger an allergic reaction on the skin which is only for a set of people. This may lead to irritation, rashes, itching etc. If you’re skin is sensitive, make sure you avert serums that contain L-ascorbic acid and preferably use serums that contain magnesium ascorbyl phosphate as these may be less likely to cause irritation.
The final verdict:
Dermatologists recommend you use Vitamin C as it can promote tissue healing, reduce pigmentation, remove dark spots and make you look younger. The effect of the serum can produce desirable effects only when you use it consistently. Stop using it if it produces allergic reactions on your skin.