Tea Tree Essential Oil
A soothing oil rich in terpenes which has therapeutic benefits for the skin. This essential oil can help reduce acne and prevent scarring. This oil also a good disinfecting agent. Its calming and soothing properties can also be used to heal wounds and burns. It can also be diluted in your bath water as this oil can help check body odor. Its camphoraceous middle note will help you relax better and bathing with it at night before going to sleep will improve your sleep quality as well.
- Helps with itchy, dry and oily skin – Mixed with the right carrier oil, Tea tree oil can help improve skin conditions like itchiness, irritation, and excess sebum production. Soothes irritated skin
- Cleanses scalp and removes build-up – when mixed with a carrier oil and applied to scalp tea tree oil cleanses scalp and helps remove build up from hair and scalp to promote healthier hair and reduce conditions like dandruff
- Reduces Acne – Its anti-acne properties reduce redness, acne scars and inflammation
- Checks body odour – Add a few drops to bathing water to reduce body odour and body acne
- Refresh clothes – Add a few drops to laundry to refresh your clothes
- Aromatherapy – Promotes the feeling of relaxation and balance
Improves skin health:
Rich in terpenes, tea tree oil cleanses skin to remove impurities and promote healthier skin. Mixed with a carrier oil, tea tree oil can be used in cleansers, toners and moisturizers.
Rejuvenates scalp and hair:
Mixed with carrier oil like coconut, tea tree oil cleanses scalp and removes build-up to promote cleaner, healthier scalp which further promotes growth of healthier hair. Its cleansing properties makes it a useful anti-dandruff treatment.
Used in diffuser, tea tree oil can promote the feeling of calmness and relaxation.
Improves sleep quality and reduces body odor:
Adding a few drops of tea tree oil to bathing water can help reduce body odor and its camphoraceous aroma will improve sleep quality.
Tea tree oil is phototoxic and used not be used during the day. Undiluted topical usage should be avoided and is best used after dilution with suitable carrier oils.