Role of Beard Oil in Nurturing a Thick and Smooth Beard
There is always something in a well-groomed beard that makes you stop and stare. Men don’t realise the importance of using oils for their facial hair. Oils for the face are as essential as any other hair products or moisturisers that are available. Here comes the idea of “Beard Oils” which won’t enchantingly grow a beard on your face but is rather vital for the primary care of the facial hair. Beard oils make your beard from looking” meh” to freaking amazing.
Bread oils consist of two primary ingredients, carrier oil and essential oil. Most oils also contain Vitamin E that will help deliver the required vitamins to the skin and also nurture the beard. Carrier oils make up most of the “Beard Oils” and are naturally pressed from seeds and nuts. The most famous carrier oils are typically jojoba, argan, sweet almond, grapeseed, coconut oil, hemp seed oil and several others. These address stuff like itching of the skin and dryness issues. These oils are found in various other products such as conditioners, shampoos, lotions etc. The reason they are used in these products are that they have amazing moisturising abilities for your facial skin, keeping it hydrated and healthy all the time. Essential oils are also important for the grooming of the beard. Essential oil such as sandalwood or tea tree are natural anti-septics, and when applied to your face, do an excellent job in clearing out your pores to reduce the occurrence of acne. They also contain scent which makes a better substitute for cologne. Beard oils contain naturally occurring antioxidants and vitamin E that further strengthen your beard by repairing the damage done to the cellular membranes of your facial hair
Why use beard oils
One of the main reasons to use beard oils is the fact that the naturally occurring sebaceous glands (which are under your skin) produce an oil-like substance called “sebum”. This substance keeps the hair moist. When you grow a beard, its necessary that the whole beard would require enough oil to keep it healthy. The secretion of sebum remains constant even if you have a long beard. The concept of beard oils comes into existence here as the beard needs more oils for its nourishment and hence use external beard oils.
Uses of beard oils
- Beard oil makes you look sharp and smart. With regular use of the oil, the face looks and feels fresh, basically rejuvenating it.
- Beard oils keep the skin hydrated at all times. While having a beard, the skin under it can become dry and hard. Beard oils, keep the skin moist and softens it.
- Beard oils also reduce dandruff (beard-druff) from occurring as they get into the follicles and producing a thick and healthy beard.
- Beard oils reduce itching on the skin as they are great conditioners and are better than the ones used for the head.
- Beard oils give the beard a shine, making the beard itself neat and smooth.
- Beard oils at the end of the day will create a very sharp, healthy beard by rejuvenating it. It doesn’t evaporate instead it oxidises and hence better than any other conditioner.
- Beard oils also help with the reduction of split ends occurring as you won’t be having to trim your beard regularly.
- Beard oils also act as antioxidants. As antioxidants neutralise these free radicals, they can help reduce inflammation and prevent and treat acne. They also protect the skin by preventing toxins from penetrating the dermal layer.
When to apply
The best time to apply beard oil is in the morning after washing your face or after shampooing it or after having a shower. It depends on you and your ease of applying it. You can experiment with the same using it every day or every other day. It is best if you take a shower with warm water as the warm water opens the pores of the skin up. If you’re in a state that is too hot for a shower, go for washing only your face. Even this helps.
After the shower, always make sure that you dry pat your bread with a soft towel and not rub it. And make sure that you never apply the oil during the night before going to sleep.
How to apply
Here are the following steps of how you should use the oil
- If you are getting a beard, use 1 to 2 drops of the beard oil onto your palm and rub it between both hands.
- Rub it onto your beard in a downward motion such that it applies thoroughly onto the skin. Don’t be too abrasive while doing it. Be gentle and try to reach the skin as much as possible.
- Make sure that you are applying it to the entirety of the beard so that it gives the best look.
- If you have a lot of facial hair, then you can apply 3-5 drops of the oils and repeat steps 2 to 3.
- Brush your hair using a comb so that it forms a clear-cut line having no tangles.
How much to apply
It will take a bit of time for the charming effects to come to light on your skin. Many use it 5-7 times a week but if you want actual benefits, make sure that you apply it two times every day for the best effects. Never apply too much oil as the skin may look greasy and unclean.
If you have an accidental pour off excess oil, use it on your skin. Yes! You can also use the oil for your skin as it contains vitamin E and will help the skin moisturise.
How many drops should you apply?
1-3 months 1-3 drops each time
3-6 months 2-5 drops each time
6-12 months 4-6 drops each time
12+ months 6-10 drops each time